If you are like most people, the winter of 2014 has been a rough one. With snow amounts well above the average in a given year, we are all anticipating the return of warmer weather. Having said that, here are few exercises to get you started accordingly:
- Cardio exercise(s): We all have our favorite cardio exercise. After all, that is what makes each one of us so special. Whether you are jogging, swimming, cycling or running, the point is you must start slowly and be consistent.
- Squats: In my mind, the best exercise you can do to really get you ready for the warm weather is the “good old fashioned”…. SQUAT. This exercise is ideal to get your lower body toned and strong.
- Push ups: Folks, I don’t know everything about everything, but I’m certain of one thing, this exercise will always be considered when fitness is the topic of discussion. When executed properly, the push up will challenge anyone regardless of their physical condition.
- Core exercise(s): In recent years, the importance of training your core has grown more significantly than ever before. Many studies have shown core training improves posture, back issues and overall fitness. Exercises like crunches, planks, side bends and reverse crunches are just a few to get you ready for that midsection you always wanted.
- Stretching: Stretching and Flexibility exercises are an important part of any workout. Stretching your muscles after an intense routine will help with range of motion, flexibility and improve body posture. Furthermore, stretching after exercising can help reduce muscle soreness. That should prevent you from walking like a zombie for a while.